Specific guidelines for the presentations are outlined below. Presentations that do not adhere to the below guidelines will not be accepted and will not be posted in the catalogue.
- Presentations will be recorded on Zoom from the applicant’s computer or recording device. Each presentation must show the applicant presenting either in a windowed box as their slides are being displayed, or as an external video recording of the applicant presenting their slides on a screen. Instructions on how to submit your presentation via Zoom are provided at the bottom of this page.
- Presentations are limited to seven minutes in duration. No exceptions. If your presentation is 7 min and 1 second, it will not be listed.
- Formal business attire or white coat is recommended. Dress as you would for a Sub-I presentation.
- Presentations must be made using presentation software such as PowerPoint, Prezi, Canva, etc. There are no minimum or maximum number of slides, as long as the presentation duration is within seven minutes.
- Only one presentation is permitted per applicant.
- You MUST title the file as follows: MEDICALSCHOOL_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME
Please carefully review your saved recordings prior to submission. If any of the above rules are not followed, then the video will not be uploaded.
Recording submissions are due by November 9, 2020. If submitted after November 9, then we cannot ensure they will be uploaded in a timely fashion. Submissions, as well as any questions, should be sent via email to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Following submission of all presentations, applicants will be sent a brief (< 5 minutes) survey to gauge feedback on the experience. We would greatly appreciate applicant feedback, as this is a new initiative in the residency application process, and your feedback will help future application cycles!