Annual Meeting and Junior Resident Course Update
Updated April 9, 2020
- The SNS has decided to cancel the 2020 Annual Meeting that was scheduled for May 30 - June 2 in Philadelphia due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Association of Residency Administrators in Neurological Surgery (ARANS) has also canceled their Annual Meeting that was schedule to take place May 28 - 30 in Philadelphia.
- The SNS Junior Resident Courses were cancelled. The Subcommittee on Resident Courses and the Committee on Resident Education are working hard to provide online material so that individual residencies can achieve some of the course goals locally at their own programs.
- We are carefully evaluating and re-evaluating the status of the SNS Intern Boot Camp Courses, scheduled in July.
- The One Neurosurgery Summit, originally scheduled to meet in conjunction with the AANS meeting, will instead meet virtually on Tuesday April 28th. In addition to the leadership and education topics important to the ‘house of neurosurgery’, Summit organization leadership will discuss the ongoing coordinated response of U.S. neurosurgery to the pandemic.
- Most CAST fellowship accreditation activities continue remotely.
- Wherever possible, the SNS also continues its work with the ACGME and other training organizations to advance the interests of our residency and fellowship programs.
Government Information and Resources
Please contact the Society of Neurological Surgeons at 847-805-4515 or email@example.com with any questions.